On 14/07/13 20:17, Florian Apolloner wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to get rid of everything FCGI-specific in Django sooner or
later (rather sooner). Flup isn't maintained since a long time and there
is no ticket tracker to report stuff. Graham pointed out that if someone
wants to use FCGI they can use
http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Options.html#fastcgi-socket
which doesn't even require flup, which sounds like a good compromise to
me. I'd need some help for the docs from some uWSGI users, since I have
no idea about it ;)

Thoughts, objections?

Cheers,
Florian

This would be a mistake in my opinion.

I run websites based on lots of different programming languages / frameworks and the one constant between them all is that they all support FastCGI which eases administrative overhead significantly.

If the only real concern is that flup is unmaintained and there have been attempts to contact the original author with no response or no interest then I am sure all interested parties could work something out between them even if it is just a fork purely for bug fixes and nothing more.

I haven't really spent any time looking at uWSGI and perhaps that should be my next port of call but I wouldn't be so hasty as to deprecate FastCGI support.