On 15/07/2013 13:37, Florian Apolloner wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2013 9:38:33 AM UTC+2, Some Developer wrote:

    This would be a mistake in my opinion.

Based on what? Django would still support FCGI via flup like it does
now, we'd just get rid of the management commands you usually can't use
on shared hosting either way…

OK. Your initial post was somewhat confusing in that case.

I'd like to get rid of everything FCGI-specific in Django sooner or later
(rather sooner).

The question is why? There is very little FastCGI boilerplate in Django as it is and what is there hasn't been touched for a number of years (the runfcgi management command file hasn't been touched for 6 years).

Why not just remove the documentation for FastCGI, SCGI and AJP and make it clear that WSGI is the only supported option for deploying Django applications but keep the legacy code available for those who already use it.

Developers then don't need to worry about breaking it since it is no longer supported and those that do use FastCGI, SCGI and AJP can submit patches to fix it if it ever does get broken. This also includes submitting patches to flup if it is still maintained or taking it over if it is not.

This way everyone wins.