On 15/07/13 13:13, mjl Martin J. Laubach wrote:
   Is there actually a problem with flup? Not being maintained doesn't
mean it's totally broken and it obviously works just fine for a lot of
folks?

         mjl

I use it myself and haven't had any issues with it either I was just responding to one of the previous posters who stated that because flup was unmaintained it was a good reason to deprecate FastCGI in Django. He did make a good point about there being no bug tracker but as I said if it became a critical issue then a fork is always on the cards.

I'd be interested if any contact has been made with the author of flup to see whether he has dropped the project or whether he just doesn't get any bug reports warranting a new release.

Personally I haven't had any issues with flup at all. In fact for me Django with flup + nginx + daemontools works wonderfully for production sites. Perhaps not as fast as uWSGI but it is solid enough.