Hi,

On Monday, August 12, 2013 6:21:46 AM UTC+2, Simon Litchfield wrote:

> One of Django's key strengths is the large collection of apps. Some aren't
> as regularly maintained as we'd like but we still love them. Is it a little
> unreasonable to expect them all to move so fast?

Fast? Imo the web world is one of the fastest moving places in the IT; and
at the speed we release Django releases you still have a year or more and
often you are not affected by those changes…

> Any one else found themselves spending too much time lately patching other
> peoples' stuff?

Not really; generally people fix stuff quickly if I ask them, also the
projects I maintain have compatibility for 1.7 already -- I agree that the
database backend changes had been a bit much for me, but they are so much
better now that it's totally worth it (and they are private api ;))

Cheers,
Florian