> > <rant>
> > I wish people would stop abusing the term "NoSQL".  Your target concept
> is
> > Non-Relational data stores, not SQL itself.  There's a whole bunch of
> > relational stores that don't use SQL, one of them is even called NoSQL!)
> > </rant>
>
> to me, "Non-Relational data stores" still sounds as precise as
> "non-elephant animals". barely better than NoSQL.
>
> I prefer to call each category by name.  in this case, "document-based
> storage".

You're singing my tune :)  But my issues with the "NoSQL" usage are (1) it
detracts from the existing project of that name , (2) it hides the true
intent of the "movement".  Hatred of SQL is a whole other bucket of bile :)

I do find it funny on many levels that people are raving about all these
other DB models as if they're new things :)

Anyway, this is OT... let's leave it for now :)

--
Curtis