2014/1/23 Daniel Sears <daniel.se...@gmail.com>

> I know the core issue of GPL remains. But since this discussion began
> Oracle has extended their driver to include their own
> <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/connector-python-django-backend.html>Django
> back-end<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/connector-python-django-backend.html>.
> Does this create enough separation to get us out of the GPL bind?

In the original discussion, I missed that MySQLdb is also released under
the GPL. See https://pypi.python.org/pypi/MySQL-python.

Considering the current state of the MySQL ecosystem, I'm +0 for switching
to Oracle's connector. I used to be -1.

You can use this email to ignore things I've said on this topic in the past.

--
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CANE-7mVDr_1On5eL%3DSwWw%3DN%2Bhniqzegbvcipb0mx8gdCRb5OWg%40mail.gmail.com.