On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:33:09 AM UTC+1, Aymeric Augustin wrote:

> On 11 févr. 2014, at 03:27, James Farrington
> <jamestfa...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> If you haven't heard about unsettings, it is an attempt to move away from
> using the settings global. There was a discussion at djangocon (which I
> wasn't there for, but I was told about it) which led to some of my
> colleagues and I working on it.
>

> There was only a handful of people involved in that discussion. I
> overheard it and asked for details but couldn’t get an explanation of the
> design. I assume that 99,9% of the subscribers to this mailing-list are
> hearing the codename “unsettings” for the first time and 99,99% including
> most of the committers have no idea what it means.

++, for me the current patch is nice to see, but such a feature needs
discussion on the mailing list __first__. So the next (first) step would
be: Explain (in __detail__) what you are after and how you want to achieve
this goal -- "it has been discussed at DjangoCon" doesn't count (hell, we
even switched to Jinja there ;))

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/6249e450-5ce9-4d90-b865-65acd377b5a4%40googlegroups.com.