Hello! I'm sorry for such long time without any feedback. Unfortunately, I'm
not going to send Django proposal. My original plan was to send two
proposals:
one for Django and one for Breeze (Scala numerical processing library) but I
lack time and I will focus on Breeze. Therefore, I won't have enough time to
work at adding Jinja2 support this summer.

Thank you very much for all responses! Lots of DTL aspects were discussed
here
and we reached consensus in some issues (like adding out-of-the-box support
of
Jinja2) so I hope that the time you spent at this thread is not lost time.
Maybe there will be some other students eager to work at template system?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/8b39a2c1-d00a-4f34-bada-8f3ccd669283%40googlegroups.com.