On Wed, Dec 17, 2014, Torsten Bronger <bron...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

>> In the meantime I have removed you from our email lists, since
>> your tone is not welcome here. Please don't come back unless you
>> can communicate in a more acceptable way.
>
>Is this customary procedure on this mailing list in such cases?

People are very rarely as discourteous as that, so it doesn't happen often.

We have a code of conduct for the community
<https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/>.

>Normally one simply ignores postings/authors one doesn't like.

It wasn't something I simply didn't "like". It was unkind and disparaging
remarks (not to mention aimed at people who had put in a lot of collaborative
effort on behalf of the community, and at their work).

It's not acceptable here and won't be tolerated, whoever is making the remarks
or whom they're aimed at.

>I hope that banned users don't have the answers to my questions.  ;-)
>Besides, a sock puppet is made in minutes ...

He's not banned; he's welcome back here at any time. It's the tone that's not
permitted.

Daniele

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/20141217115915.954054400%40mail.wservices.ch.