Hi Jon,

Your request boils down to "make Django's CSRF protection of HTTPS
pages vulnerable to MITM attacks" which isn't acceptable.

Of cours, if that's a tradeoff you want to make, you can make your own
version of CsrfViewMiddleware and put it in MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES.

> In the interest of security, I recently started using meta referrer
> tags in my HTML [0].

http://www.w3.org/TR/referrer-policy/#referrer-policy-states doesn't have
a policy to send the referrer only for requests to the same origin.

"Origin Only" or "Origin When Cross-Origin" are quite close and alleviate
privacy concerns. The domain name can still leak privacy-sensitive data
for instance if you're building a help site for people suffering from some
illness they don't want to reveal.

However, you're framing this as a security matter, which I don't get. Can
you clarify how removing Referer headers improves security?

--
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CANE-7mUwxRa7wH2PYNB9k7y6G_WmFSLuzkk_MaR0zaJxGP7Waw%40mail.gmail.com.