On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 19:16 -0600, Carl Meyer wrote:
> And it still seems to me that it's bad for Django's default config to
> set `level: ERROR` and `propagate: False` on the django.request and
> django.security loggers, as that prevents those logs from propagating to
> higher-level handlers someone may want to install.

My fix for this has been the following snippet in settings.py:

# The DEFAULT_LOGGING dict is unhelpful and resides even with
# disable_existing_loggers=True. This prevents propagation to the root
# logger for loggers defined in DEFAULT_LOGGING.
from django.utils.log import DEFAULT_LOGGING
DEFAULT_LOGGING['loggers'] = {}

-Aron

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/1427163497.27346.3.camel%40arongriffis.com.