Marcin - you can "tidy up" some monkey patches, or at least make them
robust to the code you're replacing changing, by
using https://github.com/adamchainz/patchy .

I'm -1 - we've recently been implementing project system checks for our
team and they are super useful. We even have one that checks if
requirements.txt has been updated since the virtual environment was
created. It would be bothersome if there was a way for developers to
disable *all* checks for themselves. Also whilst many 3rd-party apps are
adding checks recently, you don't want to miss out on the help they provide.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/fa7b4deb-b373-4363-8264-9288ba15085a%40googlegroups.com.