Thanks Tim, this is a promising update. While my department is slowly
migrating to PostgreSQL, most of the other departments are still very much
reliant on SQL Server. Since we're a Python/Django shop for our web stack,
better support would be very welcome. Most of our developers are on Macs,
but we do have some on PCs, so supporting both is very much of interest to
us. I'm sorry I couldn't join via Skype, I was looking forward to it, but a
nasty head cold got in the way.

Old, I've attempted to improve the Windows Installation instructions in the
Django docs and issued a PR here:

https://github.com/django/django/pull/5376

I'd very much like more feedback. It uses the Windows Python 3.5 installer
(so should wait until 1.9), which is greatly simplified. The addition of
the checkbox to include in the Windows path removes a problem barrier I've
seen many times, and virtualenvwrapper-win also helps remove many stumbling
blocks with pathing that beginners really don't need to fully understand to
get started, in my opinion.

Regards,

Tim

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 8:36:25 PM UTC-4, Tim Graham wrote:

> Report for week ending October 17, 2015:

They learned about some difficulties of installing Rails on Windows and how

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/10e6423e-13bb-4c36-b8a1-d42c159bf4df%40googlegroups.com.