I believe Adam is (or is planning..) writing a DB backend that includes
MySQL and MariaDB. Adam, did I remember correctly? If so, are you going to
suggest adding this new backend to core as a replacement? Mads, perhaps you
can help with this effort?

Regards,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9e0533d4-8c23-4564-95de-f2930071f830%40googlegroups.com.