On Fri, Jan 6, 2017, Florian Apolloner <f.apollo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>In the end (in my experience), people are using Django everywhere and part
>of the usage also comes from the fact that it's not that hard to deploy for
>sysadmins since python is available anywhere; compiling a new Python +
>infrastructure around it is something else again and requires a lot of
>change requests in some companies.

In practical terms it makes a big difference. Remember
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/django-developers/qCjfOu-FPxQ/discussion>,
 that prompted a change of LTS policy?

*Anything* that makes the transition easier is to be welcomed, and that doesn't
just mean technically easier, it also means easier to think about and to talk
about to project managers and clients and web project owners.

Reassurance in time of change counts for a great deal. When someone gets to
spend a day or two basking in the glory of a top item on Hacker News because he
wrote a "Don't go to Python 3" article, there is clearly some reassuring to be
done.

If the technical cost of supporting 3.4 in Django 2.0 is not too high, I feel
it would be valuable to have it.

The actual technical justification for keeping it may be weak, but barriers to
adoption are not always technical ones anyway, and my preference would be to
keep them as low as possible.

Daniele

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/20170106131548.2143269717%40mail.wservices.ch.