Short answer: always use the appropriate tool

Relational databases and document stores have different uses and
purposes. Using a document store like a relational database (eg, with
an ORM (emphasis on the R)) is a bad idea, and using a relational
database as a document store is similarly foolish.

Work out what questions you want to ask of your data, then structure
the data in a way that allows you to query it efficiently.

If the format desired is a document store, I wouldn't attempt to
shoehorn that in to an ORM wrapper, I'd use something like mongothon.

Cheers

Tom

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Nes Dis <nes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am wondering what is the state of the art on Django having a backend
> connector for MongoDB database backend. There are a few solutions out there
> but they don't work as expected.
>
> A possible solution for this is to have a connector which translates SQL
> queries created in Django, into MongoDB queries.
>
> I would like to hear the expert opinion from the esteemed members of this
> group on this concept.
>
> A working solution for this can be found here: djongo. (Django + Mongo =
> Djongo) The project is hosted on github.
>
> Regards
> Nes Dis

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/b0ce04d1-62cb-4765-b850-06c4a5b0607f%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFHbX1%2BNpZuWrAgcMwkcJQ4Xg4TrM700JRsYV_AnW05_9L3joA%40mail.gmail.com.
  • Having... Nes Dis
    • R... 'Tom Evans' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Adam Johnson
        • ... Tom Forbes
        • ... Michael Manfre
    • R... Nes Dis