I suppose we can tentatively accept the ticket, but I looked at the code
briefly and agree with Florian's assessment. If someone proposes a patch,
we can evaluate it, however, I don't see a simple way forward that wouldn't
have a security risk or an adverse effect on performance. Given the
philosophy, "complexity is the enemy of security," I'd lean toward keeping
the permissions checking code simple instead of adding some other logic
based on DEBUG.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7e34b477-46ff-4f48-a45a-e4d0f8132f54%40googlegroups.com.