On 4/15/19 7:13 AM, René Fleschenberg wrote:
Hi

HMS = "%H:%M:%S"  # 14:30:59
HMSF = ".."
HM = ".."
TIME_INPUT_FORMATS  = [HMS, HMSF, HM]
Just my two cents: This particular rule is the main reason why I
personally have not adopted black yet. I really find the
one-item-per-line style *much* more readable in many cases.

In natural-language writing, there are occasions where you use "foo,
bar, baz" and other occasions where you use

- foo
- bar
- baz

IMO, both variants have their place in Python code, too. I'd like to see
a black variant which allows to leave this decision to a human.

Try the latest black.  A multi-line lists with comments on each line is not converted to a one-line list.  The lined-up indentation of the comments is lost :(, but it's still multi-line.

This is one of my concerns: Black is still beta, and is still adjusting the way it formats in small ways.  So a boil-the-ocean formatting of the code may not be the last time the code will change to suit black.

--Ned.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/19e8938e-47be-d1f2-6349-bf4a9eb506de%40nedbatchelder.com.