I'm against adopting black to Django. I don't like style proposed by black
(some of rules make code less readable) and in the same time I really enjoy
Django's style, but that's of course my subjective opinion.

I don't think that our code style is any barrier for newcomers. Just like
Tim I make a minor stylistic edits before merging patches (if necessary)
and it is not really a big issue for me. I double-check all lines of
patches so minor edits don't increase the time that I spend on PR. I want
to clarify that adopting black will not immediately solve any tickets
because we've never blocked any patch due to stylistic nitpicks. I also
don't believe that it will increase the number of contributors, if I would
like to contribute to any package it wouldn't matter to me.

IMO we should stay with isort, flake8 and hanging indentation (we don't
have many extra rules). Of course I'm open for discussion about relaxing
our code policy.

Best,
Mariusz

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/1fe71fd2-5c3c-4ad6-8e3b-f172f07aacaa%40googlegroups.com.