> One thing we have not considered here is that after running black on
Django a huge portion of our outstanding merge requests will have
conflicts, some of which might be tricky to rebase. I’m not sure there is
much we can do about that though.

With a little bit of git-foo, this is actually not that bad. In past
projects, this is the approach I took:

    $ git checkout my-branch
    # Rebase on the parent of the commit introducing Black.
    $ git rebase <black-commit>^
    # Fix normal merge conflicts.
    # ...
    # Rebase on the Black commit, instructing git to prefer the rebased
changes
    # over the black changes. For rebase, the terminology is backwards,
hence
    # "theirs".
    $ git rebase <black-commit> -X theirs
    # Reformat your changes with black.
    $ black .
    # Amend the commit with the Black formatting changes.
    $ git commit --ammend -a

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CADhq2b7JD6C-wqyKgPVDK0JOvX_W_vgzAe%2Be6TcSkC6ArPm5jA%40mail.gmail.com.
  • R... Scot Hacker
    • ... Adam Johnson
      • ... Florian Apolloner
  • R... 'Ivan Anishchuk' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Josh Smeaton
      • ... 'Ivan Anishchuk' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Josh Smeaton
          • ... Dan Davis
            • ... Tobias Kunze
              • ... Tom Forbes