I'd be in favor of changing blacklist/whitelist into something that makes
sense. In many cases, that's going to be context dependent, but often
blocklist/allowlist will work.

With regards to "master" as the development branch on GitHub, I'd like to pick
whatever GitHub eventually goes with as a "new default".

Cheers,

Markus