On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 10:32:59 AM UTC-7 f.apo...@gmail.com wrote:

> I took a quick glance (literally just that) at the pull requests. I do
> like the one that offers a way to abort early inside a prefix -- this is a
> nice optimization and as well might open interesting options for
> specialized catch all views. I am not convinced about the backtracking PR,
> which problems does this solve in reality? What does this mean for features
> like atomic requests -- it is still just one request after all…

I'm the one that filed the "abort early" ticket. I was curious about the
other one though after reading some of the discussion. With the suggested
work-around of having a view call other views, would a view be able to
continue URL resolution in that case? To avoid the problems with the bad
interaction with the request machinery, another approach that came to mind
would be to allow inserting / including a function at any point in the
URLconf. The function would return whether the pattern should be skipped or
claimed. That would have the advantage of taking place before any view is
started.

--Chris

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/941a7a20-e5a4-4450-a9e8-1871e2fb1c91n%40googlegroups.com.
  • APP... Tidiane Dia
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Tidiane Dia
        • ... Tidiane Dia
    • ... Florian Apolloner
      • ... Tidiane Dia
        • ... Florian Apolloner
          • ... Tidiane Dia
            • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
              • ... Florian Apolloner
          • ... chris.j...@gmail.com
            • ... Florian Apolloner
              • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)