On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 10:19:42 PM UTC+2 Adam Johnson wrote:

> That said, I think doing this in process_response would be preferable over
>> doing it in process_request so the extra checks when the URL is valid (the
>> common case) are reduced. Resolving URLs can take a bit, especially when
>> the urlconf is long and as such I'd like to get that check out of the "hot"
>> code path. Only doing the redirect in the case of a failing resolve in the
>> first place would probably make this more efficient.
>

> I agree. I guess it might need a deprecation cycle to move it to
> process_response though?

Maybe, maybe not. It already (partially?) does exist in process_response as
well. If we can show that this doesn't break existing stuff we can do
without deprecation.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e0fc2fa7-2b94-41f1-8136-cf8fa2e15bc7n%40googlegroups.com.
  • APP... Tidiane Dia
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Tidiane Dia
        • ... Tidiane Dia
    • ... Florian Apolloner
      • ... Tidiane Dia
        • ... Florian Apolloner
          • ... Tidiane Dia
            • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
              • ... Florian Apolloner
          • ... chris.j...@gmail.com
            • ... Florian Apolloner
              • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)