I did read this
comment https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/13088#comment:1 and it says
its more like adding programming to templates! :(

Isn't whole template a programming (made up of programming blocks)?? I mean
there is a for loop and all , also there are some cases where you need a
numeric iterator for which the the no items for the loop is directly coming
from database
eg
https://github.com/Tanzanite-lpu/tgl-2.0.0/blob/ddce5ef87a4b5248b8cb8cd5fa3df4adb3f00b31/main/templates/groups.html#L36

Also there maybe a case where you want to run a loop without a list.

So I believe a range function should be added. :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/dababcf6-3693-40cd-8c5c-5873592ed7c5n%40googlegroups.com.
  • Why... Dhruva Shaw
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Dhruva Shaw
      • ... Dhruva Shaw
        • ... Florian Apolloner