Yup I agree that template system is added bonus, then why not more power to
it? I do believe that it could be easily added but there are many beginners
out who dont know how to implement and there many complex solutions present
over the inetrnet.

well ` j.squad_entry_members` is no (dataype int) its not a list, since its
a no thus numeric loop is required :)  (if you do ` for i in
j.squad_entry_members` and since ` j.squad_entry_members` is an int so lets
suppose that ` j.squad_entry_members` has a value of 2 then i would hold
the value 2 and for loop will be run once which i don't , i want that for
loop to be run twice ) :)

On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 11:45:25 PM UTC+5:30 Benny wrote:

> FWIW The template system always seemed like an added bonus to the project.
> Which is fine because, personally, I’d rather more effort go into the guts
> than the lipstick anyway.
>
> It’s easy enough to build custom filters, or even exploit some of the
> quirks of the system… so much so that asking the core team to address this
> over just building or forking a third-party package is superfluous.
>
> All that said, it loos like you’re trying to build form fields based on a
> predetermined, um, range of results. It looks to me this can be addressed
> by having one more nested loop. So you have `for i in group` then `for j in
> i.game` - you could add something like `for k in j.squad_entry_members`.
> This would skip the need for a range, fall within the system specs, and
> gets you a free counter without having to know the specific size.
>

> Benny
>
> On Oct 9, 2021, at 5:45 AM, 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers
> (Contributions to Django itself) <django-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> Please don't use shouty capitals or angry slang like "Bruh no" on this
> mailing list. This mailing list is for calm professional discussion.
>
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2021 at 11:35, Dhruva Shaw <dhruv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> SINCE THE NO OF SELECT BOXES THAT I HAVE GENERATE COMES DIRECTLY FROM THE
>> DATABSE, THUS RANGE FUNCTION IS NEEDED!
>>
>> On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 2:40:29 PM UTC+5:30 f.apo...@gmail.com
>> wrote:

>>> Why was "|range" added there? You are not using {{ j }} there at all but
>>> {{ forloop.counter }}. There doesn't seem to be any reason to use "|range"
>>> there.
>>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3e733a40-b9a0-4bc7-ba87-943bc5aee635n%40googlegroups.com
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3e733a40-b9a0-4bc7-ba87-943bc5aee635n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMyDDM3MsvujxsH_QtHyO4Pqo6Vgtd1bG%2BTHB4_GYx%2BpQ2xGRA%40mail.gmail.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMyDDM3MsvujxsH_QtHyO4Pqo6Vgtd1bG%2BTHB4_GYx%2BpQ2xGRA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d1c775c5-8528-462a-b1c9-200c12b4cfeen%40googlegroups.com.
  • Why... Dhruva Shaw
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Dhruva Shaw
      • ... Dhruva Shaw
        • ... Florian Apolloner
          • ... Dhruva Shaw
          • ... Dhruva Shaw
            • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
              • ... Benny
                • ... Dhruva Shaw
              • ... Dhruva Shaw