On 5/6/06, Paulo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 4. "python manage.py runserver" and "python manage.py init" start
> throwing errors
> -- my MYSQL DB is setup
> -- settings.py has the correct db info entered
>
> "python manage.py runserver" gives me quite a few errors:
> "bash-3.00$ python manage.py runserver
> Validating models...
> Unhandled exception in thread started by <function inner_run at
> 0xb7c1b3ac>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Could not load database
> backend: cannot import name ImmutableSet. Is your DATABASE_ENGINE
> setting (currently, 'mysql') spelled correctly? Available options are:
> 'ado_mssql', 'mysql', 'postgresql', 'sqlite3'"

Have you upgraded from MySQLdb-1.2.0 to 1.2.1(_p2)? If so, 1.2.0 had
it's own sets module, which became redundant after Python-2.3, so it
is removed in 1.2.1. However if you have upgraded, it's likely still
lying around in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb/sets.py*.
Remove the old sets module and you should be OK.
--
The Pythonic Principle: Python works the way it does
because if it didn't, it wouldn't be Python.