I wouldn't think it would take multiple seconds to process the file I'm
trying to upload, still.  I'll just see how it handles things in
production.

I'm seeing more problems, though, with  how the admin interface is
dealing with my version of MySQL.  At least I think Django is having a
problem with my current version of MySQL server or MySQL client.  When
I type in the ID for the Post I'm trying to associate a Podcast with, I
get an error when the file uploads:

Exception Type:         ValueError
Exception Value:        year is out of range

And at the console, I'm getting:

/usr/local/apps/python242_django_magic_removal/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Django-0.91-py2.4.egg/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py:31:
Warning: Column set to default value; NULL supplied to NOT NULL column
'date' at row 1 return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)

I have the date set to auto_now_add=True, so it should be inserting the
date in properly.

Has anyone seen this before?  I'm running libmysqlclient15 and mysql
server 5.

- jmj