Carlos,

If you need to get started quickly, you can use FileField instead of
ImageField, so the PIL won't be necessary. The requirements of the
uploaded image may be written in help_text. Maybe some validation of
the image width and height can be done using Javascript. I'm not sure
about that, you should check, whether it is posible to retrieve the
dimensions of the selected file through Javascript, writing something
like that:
oImg = new Image();
oImg.onload = function() {
  alert(oImg.width + "x" + oImg.height);
}
oImg.src = document.getElementById("fileUploadFieldId").value;
(The script is written on the fly, I am not sure whether it works correctly)

Good luck!
Aidas Bendoraitis [aka Archatas]