Tell me about it! Its quite insane that there is no single-standard solution
for this.
I have been hanging around in #django for sometime and there is still
opposition to flash based solution. Also, i have not been to get it working
inspite of it being not an ideal solution.
I hear that there are some issues with filebrowser since it uses Uploadify.
Also, i dont see any solution which works in both dev server and also in the
production using httpd/apache.

Going insane! Let me know if you get anything working.

PS: As i said, html5 is cool and works, but the client does not want to use
it!

-V-
http://twitter.com/venkasub