Whoops!  Just read that the django dev server is not multithreaded so
it will not work.  But you should be able to use any web server along
with an upload_progress view as long as your web server streams the
upload in progress to django.  I think my troubles may be because the
web server isn't streaming the file upload to django, I'm currently
investigating that.