This thread shows a very prevalent side of most developers that makes
me ashamed to tell people that I'm a developer.

The OP is not saying that we should go out and advertise that Django
is a great CMS. In fact he spends half of his post making trying to
preemptively shut all the know-it-all folks up before they even start
with, "The problem with your post is... [insert ignoramus disguised as
b-rated philosophy]".

The fact of the matter is that the best software sometimes comes from
those who have no business sense (or any sense for that matter).
Django's community is very closed minded. For those of you who would
like to promote Django as awesome for building ['CMS', 'SOCIAL
APPLICATION', 'INSERT YOUR FAVORITE WHEEL TO REINVENT'], feel free to
do so. You're helping yourself, not the closed-minded folks. They
don't get jobs usually which is why they work for free.

In Summary: Great post/question. This is something I think that has to
be addressed by community members on their own, instead of relying on
core Django clique.