Hi,

If you add your project due to the sys.path then don't add the project name to os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'ash.settings'
just add settings.

hope it helps

lzantal

On Jun 19, 2010, at 19:48, commonzenpython <commonzenpyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

thanks, i have seen the error logs and it says "could not import
settings "ash.settings" ( is it on sys path ?)"  ash is the name of my
project, also i didnt get a 500 error this time, my website just didnt
load, i added the following configuration to the httpd.conf :
LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so

and then i put:

WSGIScriptAlias / /ash/apache/ django.wsgi  #which isn't the actual
things i typed for security purposes but its basically the same since
its a path to my wsgi file

this is whats inside my wsgi file:

import os
import sys
sys.path.append('PATH/ash') # again i changed the actual adress for
security purposes but the path leads to my project called ash
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'ash.settings'
import django.core.handlers.wsgi
application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()