On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Nick Raptis <airsc...@otenet.gr> wrote:
> Sorry for the rant but I can finally express my delayed frustration on this
> bug..
>
> I first I spent some 2-3 hours trying to find out if this problem came from
> a broken ipv6 configuration.
> Then, I actually had to delete all my profile files (delete half, find out
> if it solves it, restore, delete half again) until I knew that prefs.js (the
> about:config file) was responsible.
> I then checked the more than a 6000 lines of that file in the same manner
> (deleting half the lines each time) to find the offending option.
> At that time I thought half my hair had gone grey!
>
> The only two sites affected by this was djangoproject.com and djangobook.com
> Could be a django configuration issue on those, as other django powered
> sites behaved normally.

Ok - this is a little concerning. Are you saying that passing an
invalid language preference as part of your request header causes
Django sites (or, at least, some Django sites) to break? If so, this
sounds like something that needs to be fixed in Django.

> I'm SO glad that my frustrating time hunting this down actually helped
> another soul! :D

If you haven't torn all your hair out hunting this problem down in the
first place, I'd appreciate any help you can provide in narrowing this
problem down to a specific set of circumstances or configurations
(both client side and server side).

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)