On 07/15/2010 05:55 AM, Danny Adair wrote:
Hi,

I had the exact same problem, and I had _not_ installed Weave.
The offending config entry in my case was:
"chrome://global/locale/intl.properties"
and it was at the bottom of the accepted languages list. This is on
Firefox 3.6.6

I can reproduce the problem anytime by visiting about:config and
changing "intl.accept_languages" to
en-nz,en,de,chrome://global/locale/intl.properties

*.djangoproject.com will stop responding, (all?) other websites seem fine.

Cheers,
Danny

Yep, that's the one!
I tried to open chrome://global/locale/intl.properties as a link in Firefox, and (oh, the surprise :P ) it's a settings file. Either the file doesn't get resolved unto something useful in my platform (I'm using ubuntu-based) or it's something depreciated and it's a migration issue. Also checked the Firefox bugzilla and there are indeed a couple of bug reports for it.

My feelings still stand. Other than making sure that django itself handles such erroneous values gracefully, the list shouldn't be too concerned about it.

Now, I wonder if there's a way we can give a heads-up to the djangoproject.com and djangobook.com maintainers a heads-up on this is issue, so they can cater for it.

Nick