On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Greg Pelly <g...@munchly.com> wrote:
> I recommend finding an external host. They are cheap and you won't have to
> worry about hardware/backups/administration yourself.

i second that.  if you have a distributed team, this is a huge
timesaver.  i'm happily using repositoryhosting.com, it's very cheap
bug good solid service, not only SCM (SVN, Git or Mercurial) but also
unlimited Trac instances.

a totally different option i really like is Fossil
(http://www.fossil-scm.org/); it's a distributed SCM, wiki and ticket
system on a self-contained executable, very handy, very comfortable
(by the same author as SQLite).  you can also set it as a centralized
server with apache and two lines of bash.  the only downside is that
it's not as popular as SVN, Git or Mercurial.

--
Javier