Why Google has updated Youtube framework for Java, .NET and PHP, but not
for Python ?

It was a real question. I need it for my Python project. And, I don't
understand why Google choose to update Java, .NET and PHP apis and not
Python. It is my "cost to pay", because Python is not yet a mainstream
language.

I know these constraints, but my project will remain in Python. Actually,
fun is more important for me.

Some tools like pip, virtualenv, fabric, celery, twisted, tornado... make me
confident about my choice.

Finally, for me, Python or/and Django are not always a perfect choice. But,
it is just an opinion.

2010/8/4 Eugene Wee <crystalrecurs...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 3:21 AM, didier rano <didier.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But, not all good developers
> > are able to use efficiently dynamic languages.
>
> I suspect that there will always be a programming language for which
> there exists a good developer who is currently unable to use it
> efficiently. Programming languages are tools, and not everyone is
> engaged in the same tasks, hence some will be more proficient with
> some tools than others. So, find a good developer who is currently
> able to use the programming language (and platform, framework, etc)
> efficiently, or wait for for your good developer to catch up (which
> will happen eventually, if he/she is any good).
>
> > And, sometimes, to choose an open source framework could be more
> problematic
> > than proprietary frameworks.
>
> And, sometimes, to choose a proprietary framework could be more
> problematic than open source frameworks. You should show by reasoned
> argument that choosing an open source framework tends to lead to more
> problems than choosing a proprietary framework, otherwise you are just
> making a vague assertion that does not really mean anything.
>
> > Why Google has updated Youtube framework for Java, .NET and PHP, but not
> for
> > Python ?
>
> Why did Google support Python for App Engine before Java? Why does it
> still not support .NET and PHP? It really is quite ironic to see that
> you wrote that '"Religions" wars are useless' :)
>
> Regards,
> Eugene

Didier Rano
didier.r...@gmail.com