On Aug 17, 4:59 pm, buddhasystem <potek...@bnl.gov> wrote:
> I guess the problem is that I need to use raw queries to provide "hints" to
> Oracle.

There has been some chatter recently on the developers list about
adding support for optimizer hints, but I don't believe the syntax has
settled yet.  For now you're correct in that you'll need to use raw
queries for this.

> The class RawQuerySet does not have the "extra" method, as it appears.

The "extra" method is for adding custom columns, where clauses, etc.
to a query constructed via the Django ORM.  A raw query is written
entirely by the developer, so there is no reason for it to have an
"extra" method.

Cheers,
Ian