On 09/03/2010 05:38 PM, Anna Leslie wrote:
This is in my settings file:
         'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2', # Add
'postgresql_psycopg2', 'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.

And it works fine with the local django server.  The entire application
works fine with the local django server, but I need to get it into
production mode.  I've tried         'ENGINE': 'django.postgresql_psycopg2',
# Add 'postgresql_psycopg2', 'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
And get the opposite error under Apache saying I need to do
'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2'.  I don't have the deseb statement
in my settings file, so that shouldn't be a problem.  I was going to try
downgrading to python 26, but it seems that a similar problem occurs with
it.  I don't think I can get the downgraded version of psycopg2 now, anyway.

Now I seem to have a utils problem??

Sorry, no solution. Frustrated rant below, perhaps it helps yo uto know that you're not alone... :-)

Windows, I guess? I have never ever seen this problem under linux. But I've been bashing my head on a windows install problem for a full week. (Well, a 80 hour week instead of the regular 40 hour week).

I could not solve the postgres problem. Paths all seemed OK. The relevant postres stuff is installed globally. So both apache (mod_wsgi) and "runserver" should be able to find it. But apache fails to find it. No way to debug as I've got no windows experience. Everything looks right.

"Luckily" the oracle driver (it was supposed to connect to an oracle db after all) did work OK. At least, until you talked to a certain database in multi-treaded mode. Telling (via OPTIONS={'threaded':True} in the database settings) it to run in multi-treaded mode didn't help. Something somewhere (no error messages....) kept crashing. I dived into a couple of the python libraries (pdb and so), but I couldn't check every detail. And the c-level libraries were beyond me.

In the end I got it working (that is, "not actively dying") by telling apache to run with just one single thread... That's some solution...

This is the first time that a hard problem took more than 1.5 day to fix. Effectively, this is 2 full work weeks. And still no real solution.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - rein...@vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Collega's gezocht!