my settings.py on slicehost is publicly readable. Is that just a
permissions issue?

No, it has same permissions. as another server where the settings.py
can't be downloaded...

Of course, we don't want people to see the database password.

How is this usually resolved?

Margie

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Graham Dumpleton
<graham.dumple...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can do that with mod_wsgi as well. Go to the mod_wsgi site and
> read the ConfigurationGuidelines page on the wiki.
>
> Sorry, can't paste link right now.
>
> Graham
>
> On Sep 6, 4:27 pm, Elim Qiu <elim....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I followed a installation instruction and got
>> Apache/2.2.15 (Win32) SVN/1.6.12 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7 PHP/5.2.5 DAV/2
>> installed OK. Meaning that
>> I inserted the following lines to my httpd.conf:
>>
>> LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so
>> WSGIScriptAlias /wsgi "F:/Apache/appwsgi/wsgi_handler.py"
>>
>> #test the above byhttp://localhost/wsgi
>>
>> <Directory "F:/Apache/appwsgi">
>> AllowOverride None
>> Options None
>> Order deny,allow
>> Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> ===
>> With the wsgi_handler.py content:
>>
>> def application(environ, start_response):
>> status = '200 OK'
>> output = 'Hello World!'
>>  response_headers = [('Content-type', 'text/plain'),('Content-Length',
>> str(len(output)))]
>> start_response(status,response_headers)
>>  return [output]
>>
>> ===
>> Then enter the url  http://localhost/wsgi  in the browser to get
>>
>> Hello World!
>>
>> ===
>>
>> So my wod_wsgi worked fine. But why python is so special compare with perl?
>>
>> With perl (I'm not saying it's nicer), I need only specify the script
>> alis to cgi-bin dir and then I can run many perl scripts installed in
>> cgi-bin. But with python and mod_wsgi, My WSGIScriptAlias only points
>> to a single python script?
>>
>> Sorry I'm just so new to this.  There must be something  I don't know but
>> cool

Margie
--
http://www.BaltimoreUrbanAg.org