*I've Googled, but have not found any really organized and layman-
friendly overview, which is why I came here*

I know how to get python/django working on my computer (PC or Mac) and
have developed simple test apps using django's built-in dev server and
a mysql back-end. So I can get things to work and don't need help on
installing stuff.

But as a coding hobbyist, I don't know how to set up a pro workflow. I
don't know best practices on how to setup and maintain a dev and
production environment, how to efficiently publish to production, how
to integrate all that into a version control system (i.e., git),
basically anything that a pro coder at a startup would take for
granted as "the way to do things".

I understand there are many different ways and products to use to
setup a great workflow for developing in django, but would like to
hear how you or your startup team (or corporate dev group) does it.
Specifics would be amazing, as I need a little hand holding, i.e.
please cover anything and everything that I should know in order to
develop efficiently, robustly, and eventually collaboratively.

Basically, please explain it in a way that a layman can follow the
steps and setup a workflow without pulling his hair out. =P