There are whole books devoted to this topic, which is more of an industry
best practices question than a django question.  Personally I like
this
book<http://www.amazon.com/Continuous-Integration-Improving-Software-Reducing/dp/0321336380>on
continuous integration.  If not that one try googling for "continuous
integration"

Brian

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Ken <ken.kyhu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *I've Googled, but have not found any really organized and layman-
> friendly overview, which is why I came here*
>
> I know how to get python/django working on my computer (PC or Mac) and
> have developed simple test apps using django's built-in dev server and
> a mysql back-end. So I can get things to work and don't need help on
> installing stuff.
>
> But as a coding hobbyist, I don't know how to set up a pro workflow. I
> don't know best practices on how to setup and maintain a dev and
> production environment, how to efficiently publish to production, how
> to integrate all that into a version control system (i.e., git),
> basically anything that a pro coder at a startup would take for
> granted as "the way to do things".
>
> I understand there are many different ways and products to use to
> setup a great workflow for developing in django, but would like to
> hear how you or your startup team (or corporate dev group) does it.
> Specifics would be amazing, as I need a little hand holding, i.e.
> please cover anything and everything that I should know in order to
> develop efficiently, robustly, and eventually collaboratively.
>
> Basically, please explain it in a way that a layman can follow the
> steps and setup a workflow without pulling his hair out. =P

Brian Bouterse
ITng Services