Dear Russell,

thank you very much for your reply!

Am 24.03.2011 01:04, schrieb Russell Keith-Magee:
Can you share your profiling data?

Sure, gladly:

with USE_L10N = True, ordered by internal time:
http://pastebin.com/fkyF5nLw

with USE_L10N = True, ordered by cumulated time, with callees:
http://pastebin.com/GXSsV3qk

with USE_L10N = False, ordered by internal time:
http://pastebin.com/JCu3ePEu

with USE_L10N = False, ordered by cumulated time, with callees:
http://pastebin.com/3bYjsk82

[ Today I measured a difference in performance of only factor 13.832 / 8.549 == ca. 1.6 vs. better than 2.0 yesterday, but that is probably related to my setting DEBUG = False for all of the above vs. DEBUG = True yesterday (which of course was, in the light of performance profiling, a stupid oversight). ]

I'd be very happy to learn what you make of this data (afaics, the problem could perfectly well be in my app code, not in Django).
:-)

Best regards,
Carsten

--
   Cafu - the open-source Game and Graphics Engine
for multiplayer, cross-platform, real-time 3D Action