On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Shawn Milochik <sh...@milochik.com> wrote:
> It definitely sounds interesting. I'd like to hear more about it as it
> develops. The only quibble I'd add is to not limit it to Ubuntu. I use
> and love Ubuntu, but I suspect that a lot of people who would want the
> ability to obfuscate code and deploy easily to client servers would be
> using RHEL or CentOS.

I totally agree that it should be available on as many platforms as
possible (i.e. RHEL / CentOS / FreeBSD etc). However, as I am 99% a
Debian guy, it may be that one the code has reached beta stage,
someone with more experience in those OS's might be better placed to
add support for those platforms. I imagine the actual code base would
change very little, and would be more along the lines of creating
packages, pre-built binaries etc.

To begin with, I'll probably make it compile everything from source
(nginx / uwsgi / python etc), as some people won't be happy about
having pre-built binaries (once it's matured slightly, maybe give the
user an option in the CLI to choose between pre-compiled and compile
from source)