> I assume _start / _end / _size are references to the address space (within
> the binary) where these embedded binaries (in symbol form) are kept??

yes, exactly

> Is there any sort of restrictions on maximum allowed symbol size? (looked
> on
> Google, but couldn't find anything)

it is arch-dependent, so on 32 bit you will be limited to about 4gb (and
obviously the whole binary must not be bigger than this). On 64bit the
problem is irrilevant.

>> Now you can reference this data with all the uWSGI options taking
>> file/path
>>
>> ex:
>>
>> uwsgi --socket :3031 --import sym://embedme_py --import
>> sym://uwsgidecorators_py
>>
>> or
>>
>> uwsgi --ini sym://myfile_ini
>>

> Really like the "sym://" protocol reference, that will make CLI usage very
> easy.

forgot to say that sym:// works in module aliasing too:

--pymodule-alias foobar=sym://pippo_py

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it