On 28/07/2011 2:28, Lachlan Musicman wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 16:53, kenneth gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 15:09 +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
>>> I strongly disagree, i18n and l10n have explicit and well known
>>> technical meanings, dating from the late 80s. It is right and proper
>>> to use those names in django, as they are used in every other project
>>> under the sun.
>>
>> +1
>
> And mine makes it +2

Just to add my 2 euro cents, I think both opinions have merit to some point but
in the
end, it's better to leave the technical terms as it forces the programmer to
search
more info on these topics to know what they mean.

For a person with no experience with translations or internationalization, the
terms
don't mean a thing and aren't clear at all.
A more technical person will however immediately recognize these names and know
what
they mean and how they work.

However, you can argue that a programmer needs to check the background info on
translation/internationalization before using it (which they should).
If they do, they'll know the terms i18n and l10n, and that's the whole point.

Cheers,
Benedict