I've got a product page that submits to the PayPal shopping cart, and I
have form controls on that page with values that need to modify the
price. (discount codes)

In my research, it appears that I need to post the page to a view,
check the discount code, and then send the data via post to the Paypal
Page using urllib/urllib2.

I created a view called "checkout", and made it the action of my the
form on my  product page. (using target="paypal" to pop it into a new
window)

So far, so good, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I should be able to
capture and modify the post data, then urlencode the post values using
urllib, but I cannot figure out how to post the form data AND redirect
the page to the paypal URL in one shot.

Also, is the view the right place for this logic to occur? Seems like I
should encapsulate it into a function to keep my views.py nice clean.

I really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, even if it's to tell
me that I'm way off base in my logic!