On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Andre Terra <andrete...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can run different versions of python using virtualenv [1]. It is hands
> down the best way to handle multiple python environments.
>
> You can use virtualenvwrapper [2] to automate some of the process. I'm not
> sure how good it is on Mac OS, but you should be fine. I found a link [3]
> that looks like a tutorial, but unfortunately blogspot.com is blocked for
> me, so I can't read through it to assert its quality.

+1

For my projects I use virtualenv and pip, with all the required
packages specified in a requirements.pip file.

When I want to redeploy, it is simply a case of:

rm -rf environ
virtualenv --no-site-packages environ
source environ/bin/activate
pip install -r requirements.pip

requirements.pip is simple and looks like this:

django>=1.3,<1.4
south
MySQL-python
django-timezones
(etc)

Makes everything consistently reproducible. No packages get installed
in my system python folders, and my django app is insulated from any
packages added to the system python folders.

Cheers

Tom

http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/index.html
http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/VirtualEnvironments