On 11/13/2011 08:38 AM, Fabio Natali wrote:
[...]
Here is my try:

###
from django.db import models
from csvImporter.model import CsvModel

class MyCsvModel(CsvModel):
name = models.CharField()
age = models.IntegerField()
length = models.FloatField()
class Meta:
delimiter = ";"

my_csv_list = MyCsvModel.import_data(data = open("file.csv"))
###

My fault! Here comes the correct version:

###
from csvImporter import fields
from csvImporter.model import CsvModel

class MyCsvModel(CsvModel):
    name = fields.CharField()
    age = fields.IntegerField()
    length = fields.FloatField()
    class Meta:
        delimiter = ";"
###

Thanks to pyhoster who helped me in spotting out the mistake! And thanks to Anthony Tresontani for providing django-csv-importer!

Now that I managed to make it work, I'll have some speed tests and decide if this solution really fits my needs.

Bye!!

--
Fabio Natali