On 26 January 2012 12:05, JJ Zolper <cod...@madtrak.com> wrote:
>>  Unless you have a
>>  preference for Windows though, I wouldn't use it as a Django app web
>>  server in production; there's far less support on the net to help you
>>  out when things go wrong.
>
> Let me see if this what you mean... so when I want to run "python manage.py
> runserver," a Django command I should steer clear of Windows?

The keywords were 'in production'. The development server (i.e. python
manage.py runserver) works fine under Windows. But when you want to
make the website accessible to your audience (the internet, company
etc.), you should host that on Linux.

>> I use ActiveState Komodo Edit on Windows to modify files on my Linux
>> VM which runs the web server for my Django apps. It means I don't get
>> a debug environment though; working on finding something to make that
>> work.
>
> So I should install ActiveState Komodo Edit to Windows. Which in turn well
> help me to work with my Django server through a Virtual Machine?

That's one way. It's a bit more complex than simply doing everything
inside a Linux VM. Komodo Edit also works in Linux as well.

> If I have this right I should install my CPython distro to VS and build my
> Python on Windows in VS. Then on the side I should have a VM running with my
> Django server (aka my Django project)?

See above; the runserver command works fine under Windows.