Sam,

I have set up VirtualBox with Python and Django. Things have gone
flawlessly.

Only thing I've noticed is it seems to be running a tad bit slow. I feel
this way because I had a native installation before and it ran quite well.

Before I go too far into writing code I was hoping to "perfect" my
environment. I want to be able to donate enough resources such as RAM to
the VM so that it runs well but at the same time maintain a steady local
Windows boot.

Would you mind helping get me situated?

My Laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook T5010. A 231 GB HDD with 4 GB RAM. I have
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit operating system installed.

The original or current setup for my Ubuntu 11.10 on my VirtualBox system
is:

Base Memory: 700 MB (RAM? max is 4096)
Storage: 40 GB (Fixed)
Video Memory: 12 MB (max is 128)
Monitor count is 1

Those are all the details I thought might be useful. I would really
appreciate some guidance as to what you set yours up as or what you think
might be the best to optimize performance?

As a side note I'm really asking anyone in this thread what their opinion
is? I plan is to look through this thread and see who else mentioned Linux
and see if I can get input so I'm ready to go before I dive too deep into
my development.

Thanks to you and to everyone who has been very patient with me, given me
so many tips, and stepped me through my setup!

Much appreciation,

JJ Zolper